Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear?


OMG! OMG!
Oh….My…Gosh!

I might be too excited to sleep tonight!
I know this happens to me every year, but honestly, tonight is like the first time.
The first time!
In less than 15 hours, I will turn on my radio, and…and…
hear uninterrupted Christmas music for the next month.
Non-stop songs of peace and goodwill.
Alright, alright, the occasional reindeer ditty or Red Baron anthem will barge into
my commercial free Christmas Caroling.
But after a few verses of Santa and mistletoe, it’s back to Mary’s Boy Child and Light One Candle.
And then, on Friday, Husband and I will rush to the Depot, fondle a truck full of Christmas trees, select, purchase, name, and gather-up our newest addition to the family.
Then carefully, with a tiny tilt to the right and a tweak to the left,
she will be flawlessly placed in her new home.
The corner of our family room.
After a week or so of begging and badgering the fellas will exchange a free meal for our yearly
“wonderful Bevis family tree decorating” tradition.
Lights, special ornaments, childhood creations, no tinsel, and extra ribbons will be combined with love, laughter, sarcasm, and a John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD sing-a-long.
But the bestest part is ritual is replaying, and replaying, and replaying, my Peter, Paul, and Mary ‘Christmas in Carnegie Hall’ DVD, filmed in 1998, sold in Thailand, purchased on Ebay,
and containing genuine Japanese subtitles!

OMG….OMG…OH….My….Gosh!

Will tomorrow ever come!


No comments:

Post a Comment