Thursday, July 2, 2009

School Days!!!


Remember when your Kindergarten teacher would hang your class work on the bulletin board?
Right there in the open, for all to see?
Little foil stars or coveted “Great Job” ink stamps, pressed into the upper corner?
My "Writing Your Memoir" coach believes that public ritual or public ridicule is the best recipe for successful memoir writing and requires we each begin a blog to post our class work.
Then, we have been instructed to email updates, or facebook the links, or tweet on twitter, each completed assignment.
In essence open our classroom door for others to see!
Sounds like an educational exercise.
Sounds simple enough....Right?....No So Much!
But, I agreed to following the syllabus and next time I will read the small print, regarding publishing your homework, more closely!
So, welcome to my class and my bulletin board!
*Some of my essays have been reworked, following mandatory guidelines, from Gifts Without Bows.

1 comment: